Making DVDs of your home videos or those borrowed from you neighbour is child's play. Here's what you do assuming you have Fedora Core Linux installed:
1. If you don't have one of the unofficial RPM sites on your yum repo list, install Livna like this:
rpm -ivh http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-5.rpm
2. Yum these packages: vcdimager dvdauthor mplayer mencoder mkisofs
3. Install any external codes required from MPlayer
4. Download DeVeDe by the one man shop Raster Software Vigo. Unpack and apply his simple Python install script.
5. Start up the the application by typing
devede in the shell. The simple but brilliant GUI will guide you through the rest.
6. Burn the finished ISO with you favourite CD/DVD burner application.